Another snow day in Michigan!
Just when we thought we’d be able to send our kids back to school, the 5:30am call comes in. Again? No worries!
Here’s 10 ways to make it great:
10. Have a fun “Find It!” Game. Here’s how it works: in the mountain of disaster that your home has likely become now that the kids have been out of school for what feels like several months, there are all kinds of hidden treasures. Some of our favorites include Find the Wii Controller and Where did all the tortilla chips go? Don’t worry — they’re in there someplace.
9. Branch Out in the Sandwich Department! Kudos to those elementary school chefs who keep the variety going day after day. Peanut Butter and Jelly? So predictable. Why not show the kids all the other flavors that match well with peanut butter: honey, bananas, mayonnaise, pickles, olives, and whatever else is left in the fridge. Bonus: if you’re wondering if sauce packets from Taco Bell expire, today’s a fun day to find out!
8. Hot Chocolate Time! At our house, “Hot Chocolate Time” naturally comes after “go outside for a really long time” time. It’s nice. Everyone wins.
7. Finish up those lists for a blog post! This one is pretty self explanatory…
1. Thank a Teacher! This one is serious. Teachers are awesome and I’m glad they get snow days, too. We’re all better people because somewhere along the line a teacher believed in us. Seriously. Thank a teacher. They do this every day!