I need to post more about this strange phenomenon on NBC’s Today Show, but it needs time to settle and come out as words. It’s weird.
Now that I’ve thought about it, here are my observations of Muppets on NBC’s Today Show:
– Much more fuzz on the Today show than usual
– Matt Lauer being violated by a Security Bear
– Awkward tension between puppets (puppeteers, really) and people
– Awkward tension between what’s normal and what’s whacky
– Local Weatherman freaked out when a puppet throws it to his neck of the woods
– Harry Conick (sp) referring to illegal paraphernalia as at least one explanation as to what is going on
– Statler and Waldorf expose motives that are questionable at best
– I wonder if Jim Henson would approve…
– Will the Today Show crew end up on an episode of the Muppets?
– Will the TeleTubbies guest host next week?
– Is there anyone reading that thinks that this was a good idea?