Here’s my ba-doom-ching submission for today.
As I was sitting in the studios of home.fm, flipping through the stations on the only TV equipped with cable, I came across an infomercial for the Space Bag on channel 61 and a rerun of the classic Star Trek on 62. I couldn’t help but identify the similarities between the shows:
- Cardboard Sets
- Wooden acting with over-response to stimulus
- Seems too good to be true (George Foreman grill excluded)
- On at roughly the same time (between the cherished 2AM-6AM window)
- Both contain copious amounts of Shatner
- You don’t want to admit to anyone that you actually stopped to watch it
- Scientist-like characters with shady credentials speaking lingo that “we just wouldn’t understand”
- Seems unbelievable, at least for the first 20 minutes. Then you’re really thinking about what it would be like to have your own Transporter/Ginsu Knife
Am I missing any?